Please read carefully
(I am just reminding for you)
Sir! Please make sure with our temple Manager about your puja,” is it already scheduled or not?” Otherwise first you call temple (636) 230-3300 and book puja with Temple Manager he can ask you” which priest you want?” tell him “we want Srinivas priest” and Puja date and time. If you make any time change for puja you must call to the Temple manager only and conform your puja time. This is important. Now I am sending puja list for you.
BY CHANCE IF YOU ALREADY BOOKED YOUR PUJA IN THETEMPLE PLEASE IGNORE THIS.
IF YOU WANT ME TO COME TO YOUR HOME I CAN COME , BUT YOU MUST E-MAIL ME( email@example.com) YOUR ADDRESS AND DIRCTIONS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AND YOU CAN PAY FOR PRIEST TRAVEL CHARGES ACCORDING TO DESTINCE. BOTH WAYS (COMEING AND GOING) PER MAIL 60 CENTS OTHERWISE YOU CAN PICK UP ME BEFORE 9A.M FROM MY HOME, AFTER 9A.M YOU CAN PICKUP FROM THE TEMPLE
SRI SATYANARAYANA SWAMINE NAMAHA
SRI SATYANARAYANA SWAMI VRATHAM ARTICLES AT TEMPLE
- PICTURE 0F SATYANARAYANA LORD – IF YOU HAVE, OTHERWISE ASK PRIEST TO BRING IF POSSIBLE KEEP SWAMI PHOYO FACE TO THE EAST YOU CAN FACE TO THE NORTH
- TURMERIC, KUMKUM POWDER- LITTLE
- AKSHTA (RAW RICE SMEARED WITH TURMERIC POWDER)
- PUJA MANDAPA -1 IF YOU HAVE OR IT AVAILABLE ONLY BUT NOT COMPULSORY
- OIL LAMP STANDS -1 OR 2 IF YOU HAVE BUT NOT COMPULSORY
- A SMALL LAMP – FOR AARATHI
- CAMPHOR – LITTLE
- INCENSE STICKS – 1 PACKET
- KALASA- IF IT AVAILABLE OTHERWISE ASK PRIEST
- 2 CUPS OF WATER WITH SPOONS—- FOR PUJA
- FLOWERS – TWO BUNCHES CUT WITH SMALL STEM AND KEEP IN A PLATE
- FRUITS- 25 IN NUMBER (ANY KIND) REMOVE LABELS, WASH AND PUT IN A PLATE
- SANDAL-WOOD PASTE- LITTLE ONLY IF IT AVAILABLE, BUT NOT COMPULSORY
- CLOTH- FOR KALASA VASTRA OR BLOUSE PIECE IF YOU HAVE 2 KEEP ONE FOR KALASA ONE FOR GOD but not necessary
- PANCHAMRTAM (CUP OF MILK, GHEE, HONEY, SUGAR AND YOGURT) BE READY BEFORE PRIEST COMES.
- BEATLE LEAVES— 25 AND BEATLE NUTS – 15 ONLY IF IT AVAILABLE OTHERWISE HOW MANY YOU HAVE WE CAN USE
- COCONUTS- 1 FOR KALASA AND 5 FOR KATHAS OR ANY FRUITS
- NAVADHANYAS –you can get any Indian stores (WHEAT, RICE, RED GRAM, GREEN GRAM, BLACK GRAM, BANGALGRAM, BLACKEYESPEAS, SESAME SEEDS, HORSE GRAM) EACH ONE PUT IN A PAPER BOWL SEPARATELY AND KEEP READY BEFORE PRIEST COMES
- QUARTER COINS——— 40 FOR NAVAGRAHA’S AND OTHER GODS
- NAIVEDYA OR PRASAD (KESARI TYPE OF SWEET)
- MANGO LEAVES – FOR KALASAM, IF IT AVAILABLE BUT NOT COMPULSORY
- OIL FOR LAMP, COTTON WICKS- FOR HOLY LAMP PREPARE BEFORE PRIEST COME
- MATCHBOX –1
- PAPER FOR HANDS WASH
- PAPER BOWLS——15 FOR KEEP NAVAGRAHA GRAINS and other things IF YOU HAVE
- SCISSOR———- 1
- HAMER OR STONE—1 for breaking coconuts
- GANESH IDOL – KEEP READY ONLY IF YOU HAVE, BELL–1 PRIEST CAN BRING
- PRIEST DAKSHINA – ACCORDING TO SAASTRA YOU MUST GIVE DAKSHINA FOR THE PRIEST WITH HEARTFULLY AFTER PUJA OTHERWISE NO PUJA PHALAM OR FRUIT IF YOU WANT TO TALK TO THE PRIEST ON THIS MATTER FEEL FREE AND TALK WITH ME. YOU MAY GIVE VEGETABLES OR GROCERIES ON BEHALF OF BHOJAN (MEAL) TO THE PRIEST (THIS IS YOUR WISH BUT NOT COMPULSORY).
- TEMPLE SERVICE—IN TOWN $210\- MAKE CHECK “The Hindu Temple of St.Louis” FOR OUT OFF TOWN PLEASE MAKE SURE SERVICE CHARGES WITH MANAGER AT TEMPLE
Preparation for puja
- Please make sure that all puja articles are ready before the priest comes.
- Please keep DEEPAMS with cotton wicks ,oil
- PUT NAVADHANYAS EACH ONE IN A EACH BOWL before priest comes
- Please keep ready puja area with covering bed-sheets, and PUJA STAGE OR MANTAPAM before priest comes(MANTAPAM ONLY IF YOU HAVE BUT NOT NECESSARY)
- Don’t waste time AT PUJA with preparing camera or video, please prepare before,Like cells and other necessary things.
- If you have any kids it’s hard to ready all these things at that time, please try to Call some body before puja for help. Then you can get time to do all these things.
- These are regular problems. Instead of getting late if you do all these things before Priest comes, Then we can do puja without any hurry.
- If you do late every 30 min temple can charge extra money for late.please don’t do so.Thanks.
Previous Night, think of the Lord Sri Satyanaaraayana and mentally decide to perform puja. Next day early morning keep the same thoughts of worshiping the Lord and take a head-bath (if possible an oil-bath). Wash Kalasa and fill it with clean water and place it near the Puja Mandapa in a clean place and cover it up. Observe Fast (if possible) Generally this could be done by both husband and wife (if it possible) Decorate the front door, Mandap, and the place near the Mandap. Invite your relatives, friends (who have bhakti on the Lord). The host were dress should be traditional dhoti (if it possible) Keep all the things for puja ready, near the Puja Mantap. Total PUJA duration -2hours.
NOTE – IF YOU COME TO PICK UP THE PRIEST PLEASE COME ON TIME. IF THERE IS A DELAY PLEASE CALL TEMPLE OR MANAGER ONLY IN ADVANCE, OTHERWISE THIS MIGHT MESS UP THE OTHER PUJAS.
DETAILS ABOUT AFTER THE PUJA
WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO DO WITH THE WORSHIPED ARTICLES?
- AFTER UDWAASANA OR AFTER PUJA YOU CAN REMOVE THE LORD AT ANY TIME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. IF IT IS TEMPLE IDOL PLEASE BRING TEMPLE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE OTHERWISE OTHAR PUJA PEOPLE WILL GET IN TROUBLE.
- ON KALASA COCONUT YOU CAN USE FOR GOD OR GIVE TO THE PRIEST WHEN YOU COME TO THE TEMPLE.
- TAKE THE RICE UNDER THE KALASA AND GIVE IT TO THE PRIEST.
- WHEN YOU BRING SATYANARAYANA PHOTO AND IDOL CLEAN AND BRING TO THE TEMPLE
- TAKE THE NAVAGRAHA FRUITS AND GRAINS PUT THEM INTO THE WATER STREAM( IF IT POSSIBLE) OR FEED THE BIRDS OR PUT UNDER THE TREE OR PUT IN TO THE TRASH BUT WHEN YOU BRING TO THE TEMPLE DO NOT GIVE IT TO THE TEMPLE MANAGER. GIVE TO THE PRIEST WHO DID YOUR PUJA. OTHERWISE ANY OTHER PRIEST
- NAVAGRAHA PUJA COINS AND ANY OTHER PUJA COINS GIVE DAANAM OR OFFER TO THE PRIEST WHO PERFORMED YOUR PUJA.
- IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS PLEASE CALL TEMPLE . THANKS
THE HINDU TEMPLE OF ST. LOUIS
HOME PHONE: 636-207-7721, FOR MY CELL 314-749-8296